The Edmonton Strikers Soccer Club has been operating as a not for profit organization since 1980, and are proud to be part of the Edmonton Inter District Youth Soccer Association (EIYSA). http://www.eiysa.com
Our program is a supportive and inclusive environment dedicated towards helping all players achieve their potential. Most importantly our goal is to keep our program 'player' focused.
The Edmonton Strikers Soccer Club subscribes to the Long Term Player Development (LPTD) Model.
LTPD is a program for soccer development, training, competition and recovery based on biological age (physical maturity) rather than chronological age. It is a player-focused, coach-driven program that is supported by administration, sport science and sponsors alike.
The LTPD model:
1) eliminates gaps in the player development system;
2) guides planning for optimal athlete performance at all stages;
3) provides a framework for program alignment and integration;
4) follows scientific principles and practical coaching experiences.
Parent and player benefits of this model include:
- Better understanding of what makes a good soccer program
- More players learning at their level and having fun
- Appropriate game and league structures (e.g. size of balls, goals, fields, etc.)
- More opportunity for players to realize their athletic potential
- More coaches who are knowledgeable in leading safe, effective practices
What We Offer:
- EIYSA Club Soccer
- Technical Training
- Provincial Licensed Coaches
- Canada Soccer Licensed Coaches (Under the new CSA Child/Youth License Program)
- Goalkeeper Training
- Tournament Allowance (up to $500 per team per season based on board approval)
- Affordable Club Fees
- 40 Years of Soccer Excellence
- Dedicated coaches and support staff